Staff and Services
What We Do
Futures Forward is a collaboration of three organizations which aim to reduce barriers young people exiting Child and Family Services (CFS) in Manitoba face as they transition into adulthood between the ages of 15-29 years old.
The Futures Forward collaborative includes Youth Employment Services Manitoba, Community Financial Counselling Services and Canadian Mental Health Association.
Together youth receive support in:
- Education planning, such as help career planning, applying to post-secondary school, finishing high school, and making a funding plan;
- Finding a job, such as help writing resumes and cover letters, practicing interview skills, and job searching;
- Finding housing, such as help finding rentals, applying to low-income housing, and applying to grants for low-income individuals;
- Access to mental health counselling;
- Getting ID;
- Navigating systems such as CFS, health, and grant applications;
- Financial counselling support, such as free tax filing services, budgeting help, and financial planning;
- Referral to services;
- Indigenous cultural programming.